I really need to take this to a charity shop rather than taking it for a drive… #charityshop #thriftshop #charity #boots
#bored #outlining, #drawaround #drawingaround #lukedonald #golf #golfer
playing in Paint
Sylvia Pope is a 70-year-old grandmother from Wales who loves Christmas. Her house in Morriston, Swansea, South Wales is home to her ever-growing collection of Christmas ornaments, which now numbers over 1800 pieces. The glittering holiday baubles come from all over the world and, because she has more than would fit on her Christmas tree, they hang from her living room ceiling for all to enjoy.
Sylvia began collecting Christmas ornaments in 1999. Her sparkling collection - now worth over $32,000 - is so large that, in years past, she would have to start hanging them from her ceiling in September in order to be done in time for the holidays.
Sylvia said: ‘I love them - and everyone smiles when they see how many I have hanging above my living room. I spend about £100 [~ $165] a year on new baubles and visit all the festive markets to find new ones. I have baubles from all around the world - friends even bring me them from holiday and I have some from Greece with donkeys and cats on. I also have ones from famous shops such as Macy’s and Harrods. My grandchildren and play ‘I Spy’ with the different baubles. We have great fun.’
Sylvia enjoys the sight of her twinkling ornament collection so much that she would leave them all up until March. However this year, due to a dodgy knee, Sylvia finally decided to simply leave them up year round.
She says, ‘I intend to keep collecting as many baubles as I can for as long as I can. They are brilliant.’
Books & Cupcakes Thank You Book Giveaway!
Hi everyone!! I’m so happy to be hosting this book giveaway. This is just a way for me to say thank you to everyone who follows me, reads my reviews, partakes in the book photo challenge, and sends me lovely messages. I just wanted to do something nice for you guys as a thank you for all your love and support! Thank you all so much!! xoxo Jessica
- This book giveaway will be open WORLDWIDE thanks to the book depository!
- The winner will be able to choose one of the above books. The books will be in paperback format.
- Since this is a thank you to my followers, you must be following this blog. I do check!
- You can enter by reblogging and liking this post. There is not a limit to how many times you can reblog this but please be courteous of those who follow you.
- The giveaway ends December 27th. I will chose the winner at 12 noon Eastern Time (United States and Canada). The winner will have 24 hours to respond before I pick a new winner.
- As a winner you need to be comfortable with giving me your address so I can ship the book to you. I pinky promise not to stalk you!
Good luck, fingers crossed that you win and may the odds be ever in your favor!
RIP Nelson Mandela - today the world loses a great man…
Nelson Mandela : I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.